THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The types of personal information we collect includes:
- information about your identify;
- job descriptions and occupations;
- contact numbers;
- suppliers you have, or previously had, a business relationship with;
- credit information (for example, your ability to repay your debts); and
- credit eligibility information,
and any other type of personal information you voluntarily give us.
We do not collect sensitive information.
WHEN WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect personal information:
- when you contact us in person, over the phone, through our website or by email;
- when you place an order by completing an order form or issuing us a purchase order;
- when you apply for one of our 30 day credit accounts;
- when you personally guarantee the performance of one of our company customers; and
- when we make enquiries with your trade references.
WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for these reasons:
- to identify you
- to perform services or supply you with goods
- to issue you a proper tax invoice
- to collect any money you owe us
- for legal compliance;
- to perform credit checks on you.
If permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may disclose credit information or credit eligibility information about you to any of your suppliers or clients that make enquiries about your credit account with us.
HOW WE STORE INFORMATION
The personal information we collect is stored securely on our premises or on our electronic servers. We only grant access to your personal information to certain personnel who require it to deliver our services to you.
WHEN WE USE AND DISCLOSE INFORMATION
We use and disclose personal information to third parties outside Kitja Services when we -
- perform services or supply goods to you;
- engage professional services for professional advice (for example, lawyers, accountants, insurance brokers and auditors)
- engage in debt recovery;
- communicate with your suppliers (when you nominate us as a trade reference);
- perform a credit check on you (when we contact your nominated trade references); and
- are compelled to do so by law.
USAGE FOR MARKETING
We may use your personal information to sell you services that we think may be of interest to you. This may include by sending you a newsletter or an update about our business.
ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
You may contact in writing and ask what information we hold about you. We reserve the right to refuse you access to your information if:
- you refuse to verify your identity;
- you refuse to pay a reasonable administration fee to us for processing your request;
- the request could infringe someone else’s privacy; or
- there are related legal proceedings or matters underway.
You can disable cookies through the cookie settings from within your internet browser.
Our website may also collect Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. This is a unique address that allows us to identify your computer within a global network.
QUESTIONS AND COMPLAINTS
If, after we have tried to resolve your complaint or respond, you are dissatisfied with our response, you can contact the Office of Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or through its website at www.oaic.gov.au.