Demex Group sought a specialized scaffold company to design, erect and dismantle demolition scaffold to support the safe demolition of 49 Garfield Terrace at Surfers Paradise, QLD.
Kitja’s experience in designing complex scaffold projects coupled with their collaborative project management methodology created a seamless transition of 3rd party trades.
Over 220 tonnes of cuplock scaffold was erected within 3 weeks, with a reduced onsite team facilitating ad-hoc modifications to the structure which included the installation of a 3m x 3m rubbish chute and complex roof encapsulation frame.
Dismantle of the scaffold was conducted in stages, with close coordination with the Demex site project team, ensuring smooth transition of demolition works.
Kitja activities included:
- Design and engineering sign off of a complex design, including encapsulated roof sections
- Erect Scaffold structure within critical path timelines
- Managing SIMOPS across site to minimize 3rd party trade downtime
- Multiple phase execution to support asbestos trades access
- Full encapsulation of roof section for hazardous coatings removal
- Staggered dismantle coinciding with demolition progress
Commenced April 2022
Duration: 5 months
Peak Resources: 18
NEED A SCAFFOLD SOLUTION?